There's plenty to love about Temescal, whether it's the unique restaurants along Telegraph Avenue or the diversity and charm of the Temescal real estate market. It's one of Oakland's oldest neighborhoods and is known for its attractive environment and beautiful, but convenient location. Situated just off the 24 Freeway in North Oakland, with two BART stations nearby, Temescal homes for sale were originally built as a separate village and to this day it still has its own distinct community feel.
Search Temescal Homes for Sale
|All Listings||$800,000 - $900,000|
Search Temescal Homes for Sale
Invest in Temescal Realty
If you're interested in buying a home in Temescal, be sure to reach out and call 510.390.6929 today or contact Dave online. He would be happy to let you know more about current Temescal real estate listings and additional info.
Temescal, CA Real Estate Market
People are drawn to Temescal real estate for many reasons, one of which is that the homes are located in walkable areas with access to good local public transit—both MacArthur and Rockridge BART stations are close by. As a resident, you'll also have easy access to a number of popular commercial amenities that are visited by people from all over the East Bay. Simply put, Temescal is an ideal place for homebuyers seeking both an easy commute to work and a short walk to their favorite shops and eateries.
The types of homes you'll find in Temesecal are another reason why the Temesecal real estate market is so high in demand. Temescal homes for sale include 1920s bungalows, modern houses built in the early 21st century, and mid-size condo buildings.
Some of the older homes have the original hardwood floors, built in shelves, gorgeous stained glass windows, and the type of old-world charm you won't find in newer properties. However, many of the other early-20th-century houses have been updated to offer sleek interiors, while maintaining their traditional exterior. Combines these features with the modest, but comfortable backyards and the proximity to some of Oakland's top amenities and it's easy to see why so many residents feel that Temesecal is a great place to buy a home.
Temescal Community Highlights
As mentioned, the amenities of Temescal are second to none. Here are some of our favorites:
- Telegraph Avenue eateries like Aunt Mary's Cafe, Bakesale Betty's, Pizzaiolo, and Temescal Brewing
- Temescal Alleys businesses such as Ali Golden boutique clothing, Marisa Mason Jewelry, Homestead Apothecary, and Curbside Creamery
- North Oakland Recreation Center, featuring the Temescal Swimming Pool and Studio One Arts Center
- UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland is located at the neighborhood's northwestern border
- Serviced by the MacArthur and Rockridge BART stations
- Home to many landmarks, including the Temescal Branch Library
- Cultural variety is showcased through Temescal's annual street fair where you'll find art, music, and great food
- Emerson Elementary School (K to Grade 5 - 4803 Lawton Avenue)
- Oakland International High School (Grades 9 to 12 - 4521 Webster Street)
- Oakland Technical High School (Grades 9 to 12 - 4351 Broadway)
Temescal Neighborhood Borders
Temescal is bordered by 51st Street to the north, 40th Street to the south, Broadway to the east, and Martin Luther King Jr Way to the west.
Register To Learn About New Listings First!
Enhance your home search by registering for free to receive a number of additional perks. You'll be able to view additional photos and details of every listing, save your favorite properties, and receive emails as soon as new homes that meet your custom search criteria hit the market!
Bay East ©2018. CCAR ©2018. BridgeMLS ©2018. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
This information is being provided by the Bay East MLS or the CCAR MLS or the EBRDI MLS. The listings presented here may or may not be listed by the Broker/Agent operating this website.
Listing information last updated on June 22nd, 2018 at 2:32am PDT.