Elmwood real estate is part of the Berkeley area and features Arts and Crafts style homes along with modern condominiums. This section of Berkeley in Contra Costa County is just south of the University of California with easy walking or biking access to the campus and neighboring activity centers. UC Berkeley is ranked number 20 by US News in their national ranking of 1,800 colleges, making this area even more attractive for real estate investors. Find your new Elmwood home for sale today!
Search Elmwood Homes for Sale
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$500,000 - $600,000|
|$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000|
Search Elmwood Homes for Sale
Invest in Elmwood Realty
If you are thinking about buying or selling East Bay real estate, call David Higgins at 510-390-6929 or contact Dave online to explore your options and to find out more about local real estate opportunities.
Elmwood Real Estate Market
Elmwood real estate includes several condominium and co-op developments since it is so convenient to the University. A one-bedroom and bath condo with approximately 600 square feet will list for about $350,000.
A two-bedroom one bath unit with 1,040 square feet lists for around $449,000. Elmwood homes for sale are generally valued at one million dollars, minimum. A six-bedroom home on a 5,280 square foot lot can sell for $1.6 million. A traditional Craftsman style home will sell for approximately $1.5 million.
This is an established neighborhood with some homes and condos offering views of the Bay or mountains. Proximity to the University makes Elmwood homes for sale in high demand.
Elmwood Community Highlights
- The ACT (Alameda Contra Costa Transit District) connects the University and Elmwood areas with the Berkeley BART stations.
- Elmwood homes have bus lines connecting to Oakland and other Alameda County cities.
- College and Ashby Avenues serve as the unofficial Elmwood shopping and dining center with several restaurants reflecting the neighborhood's ethnic diversity.
- The Claremont Canyon Regional Preserve is located in the hills just northeast of Elmwood real estate. The scenic preserve includes the Gwin Canyon and Panoramic Ridge.
- The Claremont Hotel and Spa, located just below the preserve, has been a Bay Area landmark since 1915. The resort has three swimming pools, spa facilities, tennis courts, restaurants and a convention center.
- The East Bay Regional Park District maintains Tildon Regional Park to the north of Claremont Canyon. This 2.079-acre park features a carousel and botanical gardens in addition to a wildlife preserve.
- Willard Park is part of Elmwood real estate. It is the neighborhood park with tennis courts and a playground for toddlers and young children. It also has a club house and a pathway built from historic cobbles.
- There are a number of renowned public and private school options available for families with school aged children.
Register To Learn About New Listings First!
Enhance your home search by registering for free to receive a number of additional perks. You'll be able to view additional photos and details of every listing, save your favorite properties, and receive emails as soon as new homes that meet your custom search criteria hit the market!
Bay East ©2020. CCAR ©2020. BridgeMLS ©2020. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
This information is being provided by the Bay East MLS or the CCAR MLS or the EBRDI MLS. The listings presented here may or may not be listed by the Broker/Agent operating this website.
Listing information last updated on October 31st, 2020 at 2:18pm PDT.