About El Cerrito
Find the newest homes for sale in El Cerrito and use our advanced search tools! A San Francisco Bay area city with a population of around 24,000, El Cerrito real estate is found about 10 miles to the southeast of Oakland. El Cerrito is in Contra Costa County and was founded in the early 20th century by refugees recovering from the 1906 earthquake in San Francisco. El Cerrito homes for sale come in a range of shapes, sizes and price points.
Search El Cerrito Homes For Sale
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$300,000 - $400,000|
|$400,000 - $500,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Search El Cerrito Homes For Sale
Invest in El Cerrito Realty
If you are thinking about buying or selling East Bay real estate, call David Higgins at 510-390-6929 or contact Dave online to explore your options and to find out more about local real estate opportunities.
El Cerrito Real Estate Market
The El Cerrito real estate market offers suburban living with convenient access to San Francisco. It's safe to say that this is a popular bedroom community as the population of the city drops by almost a quarter each day as residents commute to nearby towns and cities for work. El Cerrito homes for sale come in a range of architectural styles including modest bungalows, stately executive homes in the hills and apartment complexes.
Residents of El Cerrito real estate tend to be affluent professionals. The median home value in this California city is more than $150,000 more than in the rest of the state, and the unemployment rate tends to be low in El Cerrito.
El Cerrito Community Highlights
- Incorporated in 1917, El Cerrito has grown in population by about four percent since 2000. Attractions in the area that draw in new residents include proximity to San Francisco, luxurious real estate, and a pleasant climate year round.
- Public transportation for El Cerrito residents & homeowners is offered by both BART and AC Transit.
- The El Cerrito Community Center offers swimming, a hall area and an outdoor recreation space.
- The Mira Vista Golf and Country Club are within a ten minute drive from El Cerrito homes and offer golfing, fitness activities and socializing.
El Cerrito Public Schools
El Cerrito homes for sale are served by the West Contra Costa Unified School District. There are five public schools currently in operation in the city:
- El Cerrito High School
- Portola Junior High School
- Madera Elementary School
- Harding Elementary School
- Fairmont Elementary School
Register To Learn About New Listings First!
Enhance your home search by registering for free to receive a number of additional perks. You'll be able to view additional photos and details of every listing, save your favorite properties, and receive emails as soon as new homes that meet your custom search criteria hit the market!
Bay East ©2021. CCAR ©2021. BridgeMLS ©2021. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
This information is being provided by the Bay East MLS or the CCAR MLS or the EBRDI MLS. The listings presented here may or may not be listed by the Broker/Agent operating this website.
Listing information last updated on January 26th, 2021 at 12:48pm PST.